Friday, May 1, 2009

Two Weeks of the Flu

I firmly believe Green Tea & Honey will cure all of your problems in under 24 hours. Of course, you must drink massive amounts before you notice. hehe

I had the best week of my life! I was tested for swine flu because I had every flu-like symptom. My results came back and I did have a very serious case of the flu, but no swine flu. My mother and husband were convinced 100% it was swine because 1 day before I started to feel sick I was at a concert filled with all sorts of people from around the state.


I wasn't able to eat or drink much. I stuck with Sprite and Saltines. I also started reading New Moon ( I really dislike these books, but I can't stop reading. I feel like a giddy12 year old even though most 12 year olds have only watched the movie.)

I love,love,love to cook, but lately since the semester ended for me I've been lazy. I think its a mix of work and training for my next two runs. I've increased my milage and that has made me stoked,but tired towards 6:30. I look for the quickest most healthy thing I can throw together.

BEHOLD:


I called it...TERAS MOTHERS IDEA BROUGH TO LIFE BY ME (Tera)
  1. Turkey Susage
  2. Cabbage
  3. Red Potatos
  4. Splash of Olive Oil
You just cut it all up and place it on your oven (on your desired temp) I like mine crispy so I go for 450. I usually cook it an hour and 15 minutes OR until everything is tender. YUMMY!!!

Last night I finally got to eat pasta,again. It felt like ages since I was able to eat a real meal that didn't involve soup or crackers.

My dish.
The husbands dish. (Whats the difference besides incredible portion size.)


Oh and possibly the best mid-afternoon snack from any local store:




I've had about three days of no running just recovery from this flu bug. I plan on hitting the pavement first thing Saturday morning at 6am for a nice 10 miler.